INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE SYSTEM (IQAS)
The Internal Quality Assurance System (IQAS) of DUTH is included in the internal operating standards of MODIP (Government Gazette 1178/2018). According to article 2 of the operating standards of QAU-MODIP, the structure of IQAS is the following:
A. The structure of the IQAS includes interactive and interconnected processes, procedures and guidelines which provide the specific and the overall results of the system functioning.
1.The processes are the System’s organic units corresponding to the requirements of the model. The processes gather the relevant to the Institution data and provide corresponding or process-related results.
2. The procedure indicates the way the process is implemented, having a beginning, an end and stages.
3. The guidelines, in the form of step-by-step instructions, describe some stages of the procedure aiming at its implementation.
4.Each process is supported by evidence included in the necessary documents and files in electronic and/or printed form.
5. Means of evaluating the process. The results of the process can be evaluated through the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) which will be identified in the quality manual of the Institution’s Internal Quality Assurance System (IQAS)
B. Some processes and/or procedures of the Institution’s IQAS, are indicatively mentioned below:
1. Implementation of a quality assurance policy in the context of the Institution’s strategic planning
2.Goal setting process for quality assurance in the Institution
3. Allocation and management of necessary resources
4. Internal evaluation of the Programmes of Studies and the IQAS of the Institution
5. Design, approval and revision of the Institution’s Program of Studies
6. Monitoring of the educational, research and administrative tasks of the Institution
7. Collection and analysis of the Institution’s data referred to quality
8. Making the related to the Institution’s activities information known to the public
9. External evaluation: accreditation/re-accreditation of studies’ programs and the IQAS
10. Participation of the Institution in international ranking lists